A few tidbits of trivia that may take you by surprise, and have you looking at your vegetables with a new eye.
1. Do the leaves and roots of beets have any nutritional value? If so, what are they?
· Yes, calcium, iron, magnesium and phosphorus, also vitamins A, B-complex and C.
2. Which has more vitamin C, oranges, or broccoli?
· Broccoli, it also contains as much calcium as a glass of whole milk and the body absorbs it more easily.
3. What nutrients are provided by celery?
· Potassium, and sodium
4. What vegetable family claims cilantro as one of its own?
5. Which vitamins are found in green beans?
· A, B-complex vitamins, potassium, and calcium
6. Which vegetables could be used to treat the effects and symptoms of diabetes?
· Kohlrabi, green beans, chicory, and dandelion greens
7. What health benefits can an onion offer?
· Onions are an antioxidant, they contain antihistamine, anti-allergy, and antiviral properties, also sulfuric compounds that detoxify the body, and onions even aid in the repair of cellular damage.